1. Handling of Our Customer’s Information
In case where the Personal Information is collected in the context other than use of the Services such as in case of application for employment, the purpose of use of the Personal Information otherwise designated should be noted. However, such designation may be omitted if the purpose of use can be clearly recognized under the acquisitional circumstances.
- The term “our subsidiaries and affiliated companies” shall mean the companies of the PIXTA Group as listed under the Group Company.
- The term “Personal Information” shall mean information about a living individual which can identify the specific individual by name, date of birth or other description contained in such information (including such information as will allow easy reference to other information and will thereby enable the identification of the specific individual), and which contains an individual identification code, in accordance with Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
3. Our Customer’s Information to be Collected
The PIXTA Group will collect and obtain the following information including the Personal Information of the customers in the course of his or her use of the Services. The customers who use the Services shall be hereinafter referred to as the “User”:
Information provided by the User in the course of his or her use of the Services
The PIXTA Group will collect and obtain the User’s information such as e-mail address, password, name, date of birth, postal address, telephone number, gender, and information for settlement such as credit card information and bank account information required in the course of the User’s use of the Services including, but not limited to, membership registration, log-in, authentication, inquiries, payment of prices, or receipt of remuneration. The PIXTA Group may require a certain part of the Users such as the Contributor Members or the Photographers of the Services, to provide their profile information, including, without limitation, their display names and real names, in order to make them known to the public, and such information will be accessible by the Users of the Services. Also, The PIXTA Group may, for secure operation of the Services, require such Users to submit their identification upon the membership registration. Due to the particular nature of the Services, the identification will be required in order to prevent impersonation etc. of the Users who provide the contents or services available in the Services, and will be automatically deleted after a certain period of time designated by The PIXTA Group. The PIXTA Group may collect from customers who participate in the campaigns or questionnaires etc. their names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses or other information after designating the purposes of use of the information.
4. Purpose of Use
The PIXTA Group will use the collected Personal Information for the following purposes (hereinafter referred to as the “Purposes”).
- Provision of the Services;
- Provision of customer services including, but not limited to, handling inquiries or claims;
- Maintenance of the system and fixing of problems;
- Confirmation of the User’s identification or authentication such as provision of log-in function;
- Charging the prices and payment of the remuneration;
Advertisement, promotion and marketing;
Based on the User’s consent, or in the manner or to the extent as permitted by laws and regulations, we will use the Personal Information in order to send, display or otherwise provide (including, but not limited to, providing by telephone etc.) advertisements etc. on the products or services of the PIXTA Group or any other companies that will be considered useful to the User.
Improvement of the Services and research development;
We will aggregate or analyze the attributes of the User’s Personal Information in order to create the statistical material processed to make the individuals unrecognizable or unidentifiable for the purpose of improvement of the Services and research development or the PIXTA Group’s business operation.
- Handling of the Personal Information in accordance with the terms or rules of, or related to, the Services; or
- Other purposes related to the above purposes.
5. Handling of Personal Information
The PIXTA Group will handle the User’s Personal Information in accordance with Act on the Protection of Personal Information or its relevant laws and regulations.
The PIXTA Group will take necessary and appropriate measures for the security control of the collected Personal Information such as prevention of the leakage, loss or damage of such Personal Information.
The PIXTA Group will not provide the User’s Personal Information to any third party without the User’s prior consent, except the following cases:
- Cases based on laws and regulations;
- Cases in which there is a need to protect a human life, body or fortune, and when it is difficult to obtain the User’s consent;
- Cases in which there is a special need to enhance public hygiene or promote fostering healthy children, and when it is difficult to obtain the User’s consent;
- Cases in which there is a need to cooperate in regard to a central government organization or a local government, or a person entrusted by them performing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and when there is a possibility that obtaining the User’s consent would interfere with the performance of the said affairs;
- Cases in which handling of the Personal Information will be entrusted to subcontractors to the extent required for achievement of the Purposes hereunder;
- Cases in which the User’s action has breached the terms, policy or notices etc. of the Services and in which it is considered necessary to protect right or fortune of the other User, the third party, or the PIXTA Group;
- Cases in which disclosure of the Personal Information is lawfully demanded pursuant to order by the court, government authority, or by the police or any other equivalent public agency; or
- Cases in which disclosure or entrustment of the Personal Information is otherwise permitted under laws and regulations or the terms etc. agreed by the User.
6. Joint Use of Personal Information
In order to provide the User with better services, we will jointly use the Personal Information with the PIXTA Group pursuant to the provisions of laws and regulation.
Items that may be used jointly:
Scope of joint users:
Scope of use:
Entity responsible for management of joint use:
7. Mail Magazines etc.
The User may cease, suspend, or restart the subscription of our direct mails or mail magazines in accordance with the manner as separately designated by us.
8. Cookies etc.
Behavioral Targeting Advertisement Services
Behavioral Targeting Advertisement Services listed on “Behavioral Targeting Advertisement the Services List” may be used in part of the Services in order to distribute proper advertisements to the User. In Behavioral Targeting Advertisement Services, selected advertisements will be distributed in accordance with interests or preference of the User who accesses to the Services on the basis of Cookies information such as the browsing record information. Any User who desires to refuse such Behavioral Targeting Advertisements has to access the opt-out pages of each of the companies listed on Behavioral Targeting Advertisement the Services List, and conduct invalidation procedures.
“Behavioral Targeting Advertisement the Services List” is here.
“Analysis Tools List” is here.
9. Security Effort
- In order to protect the User’s Personal Information, websites of the Services accommodate SSL as appropriate, through which the Personal Information entered by the User will be transmitted after having been automatically encrypted.
- The PIXTA Group will take protection measures against any unauthorized access to our network, and will take the efforts to prevent any access to our server from outside of our network. We take the appropriate measures and control policies upon transmission of any specific Personal Information in order to keep security of the User’s Personal Information and maintain accuracy thereof.
- In order to maintain safety of the User’s account, it is important for the User by him or herself to protect the password to log-in the account. The User should refrain from setting the same password of another services, or keeping the User’s password in any manner that the password may become known to any third party.
10. Disclosure or Correction of Personal Information
The User may confirm or correct the registered Personal Information in “account page” or any other equivalent function within the Services.
Even after the User has stopped using the Services, the PIXTA Group may retain the Personal Information for an unspecified period of time in order to use the same whenever necessary.
12. Other Important Points
- The number of companies constituting the PIXTA Group or the name(s) thereof may be changed due to any reason such as reorganization.
13. Claims or Inquiries regarding Personal Information
As of January 28, 2021